Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:20:18 +0200
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        Radim Kolar <hsn@netmag.cz>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: porting raine emulator to freebsd

Radim Kolar wrote:

> I am trying to port raine http://www.rainemu.com/ to freebsd.
> It compiles, displays menu, but hangs when it comes to starting emulation.
> There is an assembly code inside, but after quick look on it it do not looks
> like this code does Linux syscalls, so it should run on freebsd also.
>
> Can anybody look at this program? You can get w.i.p port on
> http://people.tecnik93.com/~radim/myports/raine/
>
> This program triggers some bugs in allegro code. devel/allegro should be
> updated in ports also.

	I've just tried your port and it worked quite well.

	You could change some things like removing the WRKSRC line
	in Makefile (that's the default value) and concatene
	files/patch-a[ab] in a single patch, giving it a
	self-explanatory name (like patch-makefile for example).

	Since there is assembly code inside, you should consider using
	ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386.

	BTW, thank you for this port.

                                                     -- flz