Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 1997 01:49:52 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   xquake sound working over here 8)

The sound driver guspnp15 will support mapping the dma buffer to userland.

Just enjoyed a nice demo of xquake with sound over here 8)

The bad news is that my test program is broken so I have to figured out
what is wrong :( Funny, because I got my test program to work first
and xquake didn't work so the situation is now reverse also
my test program is a FreeBSD binary and xquake is a linux binary :(

At any rate, by Friday, I should have the guspnp15 ready.

My motivation to get quake sound working? Just to be ready for
the release of the Linux GLQuake with 3d hardware assist for
my Diamond Monster 3d card (3dxf chipset http://www.3dfx.com).

	Enjoy,
	Amancio