Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 95 16:35:08 -0800
From:      Carlton Brown <carlton@sierra.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OK, so I'm doing something stupid...

Ok, I'm trying to get my FreeBSD machine to accept dialup, and I've gotten the
modem to pick up the line.  My DTR light is on, and I can't seem to get my
FreeBSD server to respond to the call.  Is there something I still need to do,
to tell FreeBSD to look for incoming calls once the modem picks them up?  Maybe
this is some kind of network configuration?  I do have a terminal (Windows
Telnet) on the local area network, that FreeBSD seems to accept connections
from, just fine...  Help!  I must be doing something incredibly stupid!

carlton@sierra.net