Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 1995 16:49:58 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        pete@sms.fi (Petri Helenius)
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Which SUP files are available and where ?

> David Greenman writes:
>  > >
>  > >  Ok, if this is the general consensus, when will 2.1 be available?
>  >
>  >    "Soon". It's looking very good indeed.
>  >
>  > -DG
>
> Will there be 2.2-STABLE and 2.3-CURRENT after the 2.1-RELEASE happens?
> I'm for this because I see it very valuable to have two branches of code
> in addition to releases. -STABLE has proven it's right to exist, IMO.

Me too. I know it's more work for David (or someone anyway) but it allows
bug smashing to be done over a longer period and also, I'm running some
critical machines now and the sig 11 problem would have floored me but I'm
happy to run -stable branches and put up with occasional glitches. It means
we can run the next potential release in real environemnts for longer
periods than we have in the past.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)