Date:      Thu,  4 Dec 97 18:28:53 Central Standard Time
From:      "Joseph T. Klein"  <jtk@titania.net>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Sticky" Processes

Is it possible to give a process an attribute that would tend
to force a processor into dedicating itself to it under SMP?

A recent paper given at SigComm97 has revived my interest in using
FreeBSD as a router platform.

Check out:

http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm97/papers/p192.pdf

It would be interesting to see how this can be implemented in
an SMP environment. I essence holding the routing table lookup in
cache on one processor during high demand.

The implications of this paper are, to say the least, interesting.

A hack of gated with these algorithms and SMP?