Date:      Sat, 19 May 2012 17:00:11 GMT
From:      "Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/167847: [ural] dlink dwl-122g e crashes(?) when trying wap2 crypto

The following reply was made to PR usb/167847; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: cjr@cruwe.de, PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: usb/167847: [ural] dlink dwl-122g e crashes(?) when trying wap2
 crypto
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:57:00 +0200

 Thank you for your help so far ... knowing that any reinitialization
 will stop the device and following your advice in that order, I have
 the wlan working with WPA. I established unencrypted wlan first and
 tried to change that to encrypted wlan afterwards.

 Is there any initialization order that I should follow in my rc.conf?
 And shouldn't there some hint (known bugs) be included into either
 ural(4) or runfw(4)? I could write something up ...

 .Sh KNOWN BUGS
 Some RT2020-based devices do not tolerate being reinitialized, e.g.,
 stop working when changing authentification. To resume working, these
 need to be pulled out and reinserted. Any reinitializing operations,
 e.g., changing autentification or encryption, require unplugging and
 re-plugging of the device. Conversely, it is not possible to change a
 running wlan from open to encrypted.

 Thank you for your help, cheers and have a nice weekend, cheers,
 Christopher