Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:11:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reducing FreeBSD

I am interested in making a custom designed
slimmed down FreeBSD install. Basic idea:
Rackmount PC, booting off of compact flash
(looks like an IDE drive), no swap space,
NFS mounting everything.
From what I can tell from the kernel config
on 3.x systems, disabling swapping and NFS
mounting root partition seems to be no problem.
What will I need to put on the compact flash disk?
I am assuming just the boot blocks, a kernel and
maybe some files from /etc. Is there a FAQ or a HOW-TO
on how to do this? Also, any known problems with disabling
swap space? Theoretically, with 256M-512M RAM in the machines,
you wouldn't need to do any swapping.

Thanks in advance

	-J