Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 23:45:42 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI network card config

At 07:21 PM 3/25/97 +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> You'll need to goto 2.2 for NE2000 PCI support.  The upgrade is
>> quite painless and the PCI NIC will be recognized and config'd
>> automatically.
>
>If you just write the correct io/irq values into the ed0 driver on
>2.1.X you are ok, provided the irq is not shared with other cards.
>Have been doing that for months on several machines.

I grew real tired of this method quick and changed the settings on the cards.

Of course some may not have that option or a driver disk for a generic
card, which I also dumped those to 95 workstations.

Still the question is for PCI, which works differently and is not
controlled in the kernel config file.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990