Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 12:22:23 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Today -current broken on build

> Er, this is probably the wrong fix.  It sounds like the kernel 'callout'
> structure is ending up visible in userland, which it shouldn't.

It wasn't clear to me if it was clashing with the internal typedef or
something else - the namespace issues with gcc are a little unclear to
me here (at least it's not VMS C, with a global member name space :).
In any case, we can certainly revert the change if it transpires that
the pollution came from elsewhere and for now, at least, -current is
working again.  clock.c includes a butt-load of system headers
through am_defs.h and I can't immediately tell if the callout stuff
is being exposed inappropriately or not.

- Jordan