Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:11:02 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <freebsd@fbsdsolutions.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Courier-MTA/maildrop

> On Friday 23 April 2004 03:07 pm, Derrick Ryalls <"Derrick Ryalls"=20
> <freebsd@fbsdsolutions.com>> wrote:
> > Pardon if this is a bit off topic, but here it goes...
> >
> > I have a couier-mta system that is running nicely on my 4.9=20
> box, and I=20
> > wanted to add some server side mailfilter for some of my=20
> email (like=20
> > put mail from this list into a specific folder automatically).
> >
> > I enabled maildrop in courierd, but I am unconvinced it is working.
> > As a test, I put just this in my $HOME/.mailfilter file:
> >
> > to "./Maildir/.test"
>=20
> It's been a long time since I set it up, so I don't remember=20
> the details=20
> of how I came up with it, but the rule I use for this list is:
>=20
> if (/List-ID:.*freebsd-questions/:h)
> {
>   to $HOME/Maildir/.FreeBSD.questions
> }
>=20
> That's in the ".mailfilter" file in my home directory.
>=20
> You also need a file named ".courier" in your home directory with the=20
> following delivery instruction in it:
>=20
> | /usr/local/bin/maildrop

This is the part that I missed.  It is always the little things that =
mess us
up  :)

What I was talking about with aliases was that I wanted stuff addressed =
godzilla@mydomain.com to automatically be put in a specific folder on =
the
server.  I already had the aliases set up, I just wanted autofiltering =
put
in place.  Thanks to your help, though, I did get it worked out.

I guess my next step will be spamassassin, but that will probably be a =
bit
down the road.