Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
Cc:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some questions

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, -Vince- wrote:

> > >I don't remember, it's been at least 9 months since I bought it, I don't
> > >keep the receipts.  The Readme.Doc folk's receipts show the list price
> > >and the price after their discount, and it seemed like real numbers,
> > >compared to what I used to pay bookstores before I found out about
> > >Readme.Doc.  I post this info about twice a year, because I think I'm
> > >doing folks (who probably don't have much more money than I) a favor.
> > >I spend FAR too much of my money on books.
> >
> > The ReadMe.Doc catalog on floppy lists the DNS and Bind book at $24.00.
> > I'm not sure whether the catalog includes the standard 20-25% discount
> > or not.  I remember seeing you message about ReadMe.Doc, Chuck, and I've
> > purchased a few books from them since.  It is definitely a good deal since
> > I don't find any discounts on technical books; they're hard enough to find
> > where I live.
>
> 	I bought mines from Barnes & Noble for $29.95 and they claim to have
> given a 20% discount already.  But at $24.00, that really is a good deal.
>
> > Even if they do not carry the book, they will order it from the publisher
> > and still give you their standard 20-25% discount.
>
> 	Do they just sell computer books since they offer really good prices.
>
> > >Just bought the Magic Garden, a really neat thing that Terry told me
> > >about.  Tells me all about the VFS stuff (besides lots of other stuff)
> > >that I've been very curious about.  It's pointed at SVR4, but there ISN'T
> > >one on bsd like that, so it's the next best bet.
> > >
> > >Thanks, Terry.
> >
> > Thanks, Chuck.
>
> 	Thanks Dan, Chuck and Mike.

I suspect we've just about beaten this to death, fellas.  They sell
mostly dos oriented computer books, but they have been stocking more and
more Unix books, including the full O'Reilly line.  Pretty good sized
inventory, and they distribute a 3 1/2" disk catalog for free.  Give them
a call.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0.5-snap-0726) and
(301) 220-2114              | n3lxx (FreeBSD 2.0.5-snap-0622) -- Great!