Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:52:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        fports@jraynard.demon.co.uk
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Master site question

 * Greetings.  I've almost completed a port of SFIO (an improved stdio),
 * but have come across a problem with MASTER_SITE.  The tarball is
 * available from http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/sfio/, but cannot
 * be fetched automatically, as the user is required to give their name
 * and email address before they can download it.
 *
 * Are there any other ports in a similar situation?  The "obvious"
 * solution is to override do-fetch and print out a message asking the
 * user to fetch the source by hand, but I just wondered if there was
 * a better solution.

Depends on why they are doing that.  If they want to keep track of
exactly who has the source, I guess you need the user to fetch it
manually.  If the source is redistributable, I can put it up on
wcarchive's LOCAL_PORTS.

Satoshi