Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:53:13 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with systm.h trying to call resettodr()

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 01:49:12PM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> * Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg> [010608 13:35]:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 12:47:31PM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> > > I'm playing with resettodr(9), to set the BIOS clock from the system time..
>
> > As others pointed out, resettodr(9) is a kernel-space function.
> > Section 9 of the manual is for those - see the intro(9) manual page
> > with man 9 intro (just man intro would probably show you intro(1)).
>
> Thanks, I'd already read intro(9), but it doesn't explain how to *use*
> kernel-space functions.

You can only use kernel-space functions in kernel code, that is, writing
a kernel module, or writing a piece of code that is to be compiled along
with the rest in src/sys.

If you're doing that, look at some kernel source files to see which header
files need to be included.  If you're not doing that, you cannot use
the functions documented in section 9.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.