Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:08:02 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>,  FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Deprecating ISA sound cards

ISA sound cards have been obsolete for more than a decade, and it is
(past) time to retire their drivers. This includes the following
drivers/devices:

snd_ad1816  Analog Devices AD1816 SoundPort
snd_ess     Ensoniq ESS
snd_gusc    Gravis UltraSound
snd_mss     Microsoft Sound System
snd_sbc     Creative Sound Blaster

I have a review open to add deprecation notices:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D34604

I expect to commit this in the near future, then MFC to stable
branches and remove these drivers from main. Please follow up if
there's a reason we should postpone the removal of any of these
drivers.