Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:42:12 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iSCSI initiator and Dell PowerVault MD3000i

Sossi Andrej wrote:

>> [...]
> I use MD300i with FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1 with iscsi-2.2.2. It work fine.
> But be careful to configure MD3000i. MD3000i assign by default first
> disk to preferred controller 0, second disk to preferred controller 1,
> third disk to preferred controller 0, and so on. First, third, fifth...
> disks is usable from FreeBSD, but second, fourth,... disks result unusable.
> Work around: manually assign all disks to controller 0.

When you say "unusable" do you mean you can't access it at all / it
errors even if it's the only path (drive) used? It would be normal if
you have for example two paths to each drive and can't mount the other
path if one path to the drive is mounted - this is not a usable
combination. You can use geom_multipath to get multipath failover.