Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:13:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Klauder <sklauder@ibd-web.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DFE-650 screwy MAC address

Hi list,

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 480CDT. Kernel configuration
etc seems to be fine, not sure about pccard config.

pccardd successfully recognizes the card plugged in, but it seems there
is some problem with the ed driver; I always get a screwy MAC address
and "ed0: device timeout" messages. I've loaded Win95 on a partition
left free and the card works fine. Now the card is exactly configured
as in Win95, but that's what I get in FreeBSD:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
ed0 at port 0x120-0x13f irq 5 slot 0 on pccard0
ed0: address 01:d1:ff:04:d1:ff, type NE2000 (16 bit)

and later on, "ed0: device timeout". I'm absolutely sure there are no
irq or i/o address collisions.

Is it possible that it is some bad clone or something with a different
interface than standard NE2000 cards? BTW, the card manual states
 . Interface controller DL10019C
 . Transceiver interface LXT970QC,
if this helps.

I've read some messages in the -mobile archives from people with similiar
problems and that the MAC address for this type of card needs to be
obtained differently, but I don't found any solution there.

Please, if anyone has a glue, I'd be eternally thankful.

Cheers,
-sascha