Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:56:09 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-CURRENT on Bochs VM.

Hi,
I heard that bochs (ports/emulators/bochs) gets now LGPLed, so I tryed
to run FreeBSD-CURRENT on bochs VM,then I got two problems.

1.ISA PnP module try to read 0x??3 address. and Virtual VGA controller
in bochs does not accept to read on 0x3e3 then the bochs VM panics.

2.ATA driver always issues ATA_C_SETFEATURES(0xef) command and the command
is not acceped by virtual disk controller on bochs does not accept the
command then the bochs VM panics.

I'll also report bochs ML about this.But Just FYI.

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A