Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Angel Todorov <atodorov@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP OmniBook XE3 ACPI

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Angel Todorov wrote:

> i have a question concerning the fbsd acpi support for HP omnibook
> laptops. When i boot (5.1-RELEASE) with the acpi being enabled, the
> machine just stops responding while the kernel is loading, but i can
> load with ACPI being disabled without any problem. I was wondering
> whether anyone has a solution for that. Thanks

HPs have famously broken ACPI.  I tried to fix it once but its a pretty
serious structural issue in the DSDT having to do with child-before-parent
initializations. Heck, the machines don't even run correctly under
Windows.

Unless you'd like to learn ASL, I suggest sticking with apm.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org