Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:15:39 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic caused by mbuf exhaustion in i4b with AVM PCI

Mark Knight writes:
[partial success]
>In my delight I've now taken the destruction test a stage further:
>
>If I make two incoming calls, both of which are answered and receive the
>outgoing message, even if I allow i4b to clear each call after the
>outbound message, I get back to a state of run away mbuf allocation and
>impending panic. This time, it's much harder to restore stability,
>although this can be done with about 3 or 4 incoming calls in rapid
>succession.
>
>I've tried setting isdndebug to record this new scenario, but my machine
>just can't service the interrupts quickly enough.
>
>Thanks for your patch - a major leap forward in that a single wrong
>number won't crash my box :)

It would be interesting to know whether the new debug message appears
in the latter case. The problem with the Fritz!Card is that it doesn't
really have independent B-Channels, like the Siemens HSCX, so I can't
disable the HSCX if both channels are active. It looks like that's what's
happening here.

Too bad your machine is too slow. That compunds the problem. Of course,
if you limit the trace to _just_ L1_BCHAN (0x04) it might have a chance,
and the new message might pop out.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org