Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:22:17 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mixing portupgrade with sysinstall safe?

On Friday 22 April 2005 08:32, Joel wrote:
> Really stupid question, I know. I just feel funny about using sysinstall
> after doing a portupgrade.
>
> Probably is not a good idea?

If by "using sysinstall", you mean using it to install packages, then it's not
all that bad, although it's generally better to keep everthing up to date
from ports.

Having said that, the things that people with slow computers often prefer to
install from package, such KDE or OpenOffice, often have more up to date
versions available on other servers.