Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12396: new port: wmglobe

The following reply was made to PR ports/12396; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To: andrews@technologist.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:32:44 -0700

 On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 09:55:44PM -0700, andrews@technologist.com wrote:

 I'm going to nitpick your port here so bear with me :-).

 > >Fix:
 > #
 > #	./CVS

 Don't do this, it's created when the port is imported.

 > #	./README.html

 This is created automatically.

 [...]

 > XWRKSRC=	${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME}

 Not needed, WRKSRC is set to ${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME} by default.

 > Xdo-build:
 > X	@(cd ${WRKSRC} && make INC="-I${LOCALBASE}/include -I${PREFIX}/include" \

 MAKE_ENV= INC="-I${LOCALBASE}/include ...." LIBS="...."

 > X	LIBS="-lXext -lX11 -lm -lXpm -lz -ltiff -lpng -ljpeg -lgif -lwraster -L${PREFIX}/lib -L${LOCALBASE}/lib")

 Are these really all needed?

 [...]

 > X	@${GZIP_CMD} ${PREFIX}/man/man1/wmglobe.1

 MAN1=	wmglobe.1
 instead.  Make sure man pages aren't in PLIST, either.

 > echo c - ./files
 > mkdir -p ./files > /dev/null 2>&1
 > echo c - ./pkg
 > mkdir -p ./pkg > /dev/null 2>&1
 > exit

 Where are the files that are supposed to be in these directories?

 Please reply to the PR with the output of shar `find wmglobe`

 You'd probably do well to read http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html
 and ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk

 -Chris

 --
 cpiazza@home.net                   cpiazza@FreeBSD.org
 "Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable."