Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:12:43 +0200
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        "Tournier, Hubert (FR)" <htournier@deloitte.fr>
Cc:        "\"tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG\" " <tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Newbus, ocenabler and the new ol driver

Tournier, Hubert (FR) writes:

> I've checked Larry's token ring page.
>
> If you don't mind, what are "newbus" and "ocenabler" ?

	newbus is a new DMA + bus architecture in FreeBSD -- I
	know no more :-)

	I don't know what ocenabler is...

> Does the ol.tar.gz driver really works only for PCI cards, or is it just
> that it has only been tested with this kind of hardware ?

	According to Larry, it only works with PCI.  I've tried in
	on -current, and it works very well (very verbose debugging though).

> In the second case, I can perform some tests on my laptop. I've an Olicom
> GoCard Token-Ring PC Card (OC-3221) and I run 3.3-RELEASE.

	PCCards are not supported yet, AFAIK.

--
Division by Zero error -- multiplying by zero to recover.