Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:16:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Klauder <sklauder@ibd-web.de>
To:        sef@kithrup.com (Sean Eric Fagan)
Cc:        mikko@dynas.se, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - Some progress (Patch included)

On Tue Jun 27 08:38:36 2000, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> Hot diggity!  This works with my card -- a DFE-650TX!  Now my laptop has a
> newer, less-falling-apart card than my old 3com.

Interesting. I own the very (?) same card, and it does not work very
well. The card is detected at boot time, I can assign an IP address,
but speed autoneg seems not to work and the card drops a lot of
frames. After a certain amount of data transfered, it stalls completely
and it takes 1-2 minutes before it's working again. I can still use
fa_select.c that Marc posted some days ago, but that does not help
either.

I'm just ftp'ing XFree 3.3.6 sources (on a 100Mb LAN), and the overall
throughput is somewhere at 5KB/s :( Mhm, even a null-modem serial
connection would outperform that :)

Cheers,
-sascha