Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 1995 20:22:50 +0800 (HKT)
From:      "Mr. Samuel TinLok Chan" <samuelc@HK.Super.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AHA-2940 problem

I have purchase a FreeBSD version 2.0.5. When I boot up my machine with
the boot floop, it couldn't found my SCSI hard disk. I am using a mother
board with build-in AHA-2940. I have tried to use the "Config" utility to
alter the setting of my SCSI controller, however, I couldn't found the
device "ahc0" in the listing.("ahc0" is the device name of AHA-2940
specified in the file "hardware") What's wrong with my kernel? Am I
purchased a wrong version of FreeBSD? Please help me to fixed this
problem because I am hurry to install the FreeBSD, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Samuel Chan
(Hong Kong)