Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:42:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Peter Brezny <pbrezny@cyber1.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-ports@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how do i

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Peter Brezny wrote:

> how do i find out if the port i have on my system is the most current?

Under /var/db/pkg is a directory for every port you've installed, and
the name of this directory is the package name for the port.  It usually
includes the version number, so this allows you to easily compare the
port's makefile with the name of the /var/db/pk/<something> directory to
see if maybe you should upgrade.

Those files are there to assist in deleting the port, if you should want
to do that.

> thanks
>
> Peter Brezny

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).