Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 04:59:01 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ATTENTION: new termcap.src requires new termlib re-install

Due to dirty programming of cgetent() routine, it simple add
each tc= hop to existing entry, so it can easily overrun stupid 1024
limit while clean entry is far below this limit.
It cause progam memory corruption after tgenent().
New termlib code cleans entry as mach as possible and not corrupt
memory but return -1 instead.
I add many missing capabilities to vt100/102/220 entries,
so old tgetent can easily corrupt memory on tc= hops,
to avoid it re-build & re-install termlib library before
installing termcap.
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -