Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 1996 21:06:38 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Dan Polivy <danp@carebase3.jri.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -stable and NCR problems?

On Mar 19, 19:19, Dan Polivy wrote:
} Subject: -stable and NCR problems?
} Hey,
}
} I just got -stable working, and have had a few odd problems with my ncr0
} PCI scsi controller...It seemed to work fine for 2.1-RELEASE...what has
} changed in the ncr driver from release->stable?  I can try and give you
} more info if you need it...lemme go look in the logs.....Well, just
} seeing if anyone else has had this problem?  Thanks!

Well, there haven't been any significant
changes to the NCR driver between 2.1R
and -stable.

The most visible one is moving the WIDE
negotiation before the SYNC negotiation,
as required by the SCSI specs. This is a
NOP, unless you are using WIDE controller
and drives.

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160