Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:23:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mishka Gorodnitzky <misaka@netcom.ca>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Plug'n'Pray SB16 compatible fun

     Hey there. I'm hopeing you guys can help me with a little plug'n'play
problem I'm having here. Help or a pointer to where I can help would be
greatly appreciated ...

     I've got a SB16 compatible sound card here which sez it's
plug'n'play. The system I'm running:

| > uname -s -r
| FreeBSD 3.0-971012-SNAP

I've managed to get this card running happily under MSWin 95, but when I
set it up on this fbsd system, with the same irq/drq settings, I get the
error:

| Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Typically when I try to play an MP3 file. I've tried moving the irq and
drq in the kernel boot-time configuration, but that hasn't done much for
me. Is there anything I can do to get my kernel to talk better with
this sound card? Do you need more info from me?

     Thanks muchly.

-- Mishka