Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2003 02:33:42 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org> writes:
>

>>I said that if -core can't describe exactly what happened then a
>>statement giving the jist of the problem and their reasons for their
>>actions would be good enough.
>>

>You already got that.  No less than two core team members have
>expressed their view on what happened and why on -chat.  Not core's
>fault that you weren't paying attention.

You're right. Except that I was paying attention, and I read those posts
with interest.

My standing point is that we only got those statements for -core members
because this conversation was kicked off by our troll. It was probably
only a matter of time before someone noticed what had happened and
posted to -chat, but there was more than 24-hours between the commit
being made and someone noticing.

It would be better IMHO if -core had simply made a statement at the time
- I feel that much, but certainly not all, of this thread would have
been avoided.

Andrew