Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:48:48 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        yanek@cigital.com
Cc:        des@ofug.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Belkin 8-port KVM = keyboard inactive

In message: <51CC94132526754995E79DCF28C0C34D09B670@exchange.cigital.com>
            Yanek Korff <yanek@cigital.com> writes:
: If you had quoted the next two sentences:
: So, looking at the atbkd man page indicates that a 0x1 is FAIL_IF_NO_KBD.
: So, thinking that was the root of all my troubles, I removed the flags,
: recompiled the kernel, and rebooted.  Looks like my problems may be solved.
:
: I was looking for a more ... philosophical answer about the use of that
: flag:
: So my question is this: Under what circumstance would I ever want to fail on
: no keyboard?  Even if there WERE no keyboard plugged in, is it not helpful
: to install the driver in anticipation of a keyboard being added (eg. server
: in a cage, keyboard plugged in when needed).

Think USB keyboards.

Warner