Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:30:20 -0600
From:      William McVey <wam@sa.fedex.com>
To:        "Alexander Avanesov" <alex@priovtb.ryazan.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need help with IPSec

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I looked and didn't see an answer
to this question come by, so I thought it might still be relevent.

"Alexander Avanesov" wrote:
>Maybe dummy question, but I want to find a solution.
>I have two FreeBSD-2.2.6R connected via RadioEthernet.
>So, I want to establish a virtual channel.
>My network is look like this:
<snip>
>So, I try to implement a virtual channel between them.
>I got a ipsec distribution from www.r4k.net and built it.
>A question is: how to setup ipsecadm and rt to get a tunnel?

I have no experience with the ipsec implimentation on r4k.net;
however, the "official" IPSec port appears to be at www.kame.net
(it's the one linked to from the project list page at the FreeBSD
website).  It's IPSec/IPv6 stack is apparently being integrated
into the base OS.  I've got it up and running on one of my test
systems and it appears promising (a little rough around the edges,
but core functionality appears to be there).

 -- William