Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:27:50 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fxtv and Remote Control??

Went out today today to Fry's in Palo Alto, Ca. and stumble upon
a Wireless Mouse-Remote for PCs and X10 devices.

It costs $49.99 .

More info on the remote control at http://www.x10.com

If anyone knows anything about the low level protocol for the
Mouse-Remote please post so far I can use it with my logitech
mouse. The IR unit comes with an rs232 connector so you attach
your mouse to it.

So far , my Remote-Mouse can act as microsoft mouse and I can still
use my packet radio logitech mouse.

Not sure how to proceed with the remote-mouse to write a separate
utility or to just modify the X server to make it aware of my
Remote-Mouse. Guess, the first step is to just write a simple app
to receive commands from the Mouse-Remote.

	Cheers,
	Amancio