Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:48:13 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: desire for ftp.internat.freebsd.org mirror

David O'Brien wrote (2000/04/05):
> Access to ftp.internat.freebsd.org from the USA (and presumably
> elsewhere) is an abomination.  Isn't there *anyone* with an permanate FTP
> server that could officially mirror the crypto bits from
> ftp.internat.freebsd.org?

I want to mirror it (on ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org), but it looks as a complete
mirrored tree with some added files. In this case it is almost impossible
to mirror it - connectivity is very bad, I do not have another 30 GB disk
and I don't want to have two similar full FreeBSD trees where it is hard
to determine differences.

Please, does anybody know how big is repository on ftp.internat.FreeBSD.org?

It would be great if FreeBSD team create some master FreeBSD-international
site, where just only changed or added files will be put (< 10 GB).
In this case I will be able to immediately mirror it regardless of the
connectivity.

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science