Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:34:50 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: drivers for desktop hardware monitoring chips

on 05/10/2012 23:06 Poul-Henning Kamp said the following:
> In message <506F06FA.4050804@FreeBSD.org>, Andriy Gapon writes:
>
>> Especially I do not want to call it _the_ "Sensors Framework".
>
> It doesn't really matter what you call it, it still sucks :-)

The code that lets me do something still sucks less than the code that doesn't
exist ;-)

> See also:
> 	http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1863154+0+archive/2002/freebsd-current/20021006.freebsd-current

Interesting read!
But really, I do not have an impression that the code in question deserves any
philosophical discussion.
There is a famous quote about premature optimization - could there be such a
thing as premature "infrastructurization"?  That is, trying to generalize
something to an infrastructure level when there is no compelling reason to do that.
I mean that the fact that we live these many years without not much of sensors
code, let alone sensors framework, is pretty telling.

--
Andriy Gapon