Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:04:11 -0800
From:      Randy Primeaux <randy@Cloudfactory.ORG>
To:        Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetMeeting or H.323 with ipfw & natd

Bhishan,
    Thank you for the prompt response.
Is your comment noting "you cannot find out what port NetMeeting is
running on" based on:
Dynamic   H.323 call control  TCP
Dynamic   H.323 streaming     Real-Time Transfer Protocol (RTP) over UDP

My motive for this question is to further educate myself on this
process.  For my point-to-point through ipfw/natd application, I found
success with the non-H.323 iVisit product, while I'm curious why you
recommend icuii (and redirecting ports).

I will follow your advice and test icuii w/ redirect-port tonight.

Within our home LAN, we have a Win98 and a WinNT box.  I suspect there
would be a limitation of only using one H.323 or NetMeeting sesion at
a time using natd -redirect_port.

Furthermore, I'm curious if the NAT-limitation of NetMeeting is
related to the H.323 protocol specification or MS NetMeeting's
implementation.

Thanks for your insight.

Bhishan Hemrajani writes:
> Actually, looking more closely at Netmeeting, you cannot find out what port
> it is running on.
>
> Take a look at this windows NAT help page:
> http://www.winroute.com/manual/v4.0r/index.htm
>
> They provide port numbers for numerous software products. You might
> want to try and ask them about what port netmeeting uses, if you really
> need to use it.
>
> I recommend www.icuii.com. Just redirect port 2000-2038 for the ports
> and it will work.
>
> --bhishan