Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:39:23 -0700
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld failure

I have been unable to complete a "make buildworld" for over a week
now, on my 164LX system. Not being in a hurry, I figured that I'd
just wait for someone else to see this and fix it, but apparently I'm
the only one this is happening to.  I've tried all my normal tricks,
including wiping out my source and re'cvsup'ing, but it always fails
at the same place -

cc -O -pipe   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include  -static -o yacc
    closure.o error.o lalr.o lr0.o main.o mkpar.o output.o reader.o
    skeleton.o symtab.o verbose.o warshall.o
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 555  /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc/yyfix.sh
    /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/yyfix
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   yacc /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin
*** Error code 70

Stop.
*** Error code 1

If I cd to that directory, and run install manually, it fails.  If I
cd to the corresponding directory in the obj hierarchy, and run
install manually, it succeeds. I suspect that something broke
install, since this occurs right after xinstall gets built, but I
can't believe that no one else would have noticed it.

Ideas?

Thanks.
Steve
--