Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 20:23:39 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3R on big hulking Tlaser..

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:39:04AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:57:02AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > It is just that after a reboot I don't seem to have a console.
>
> For a variety of unpleasant reasons, you have to make sure that either
> this
>
> zs0     "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"         vt100  on secure
>
> or
>
> console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
>
> is on. 4.3 ships with console 'off'. There's all this bushwa about X and yatta
> yatta yatta. The answer was ttyd0 should work. Not. Oh well.
>
> If you do zs, you have to manually make zs, as in
>
> mknod /dev/zs0 c 135 0 root:wheel
>
> as zs isn't in MAKEDEV.

That worked for me. Duh, I even wrote it in the docs somewhere.

> > Want to go to -stable tomorrow before going to -current. -current is a
> > bit too much like -current at the moment ;-) esp. on alpha it seems.

Grrr. Stable buildworld failed while building a profiled library (forgot
which one). I'll build on my Miata first to make sure I have a sound CVS
repo as far as -stable goes.

The internal CDROM not being detected on the KZPAA (NCR810) was due to a
dead 48V DC -> 5/12V converter that lives in the TLASER. Will be fixed next
week I hope.

Wilko