Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:08:13 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Postbank antispam: Marketing mail detected] adding packages during jails creation

--vX0niVBXEDO7rUTMN3HIghtK5PDdPAsKA

On 28/08/2015 07:29, Vijay Rajah wrote:
> My question is how can I automate installation of ports, instead of me
> manually installing these packages on every Jail?

There are any number of configuration management tools available, which
can do this for you.  ansible and puppet are two popular ones.  However,
you will still have to bootstrap those management systems in your new
jail.  This usually boils down to writing a small script you can run on
your newly instantiated jail.

As for installing from ports -- use poudriere to build your own package
sets and create your own repo rather than building everything on every
jail.  Seriously.  It's going to save you a lot of time and system
resources and it's not hard to do.

	Cheers,

	Matthew