Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:13:39 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Kaho Toshikazu <vinwa@elam.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Subject:   Re: no keyboard after booting r235646 in laptop FS Amilo D 7830

On Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:04:07 pm Kaho Toshikazu wrote:
>   Hello John Baldwin, and all,
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > The system in general in 9.0 and later is more strict about honoring what the
> > BIOS says in terms of allocating resources, so we have to be more correct in
> > probing devices.  The only wrinkles so far do in fact seem to stem from the
> > keyboard controller.
>
>   I don't have any plans for treating unknown ID device's resources.
> Many keyboard PNP ID are listed on a file at the below URL,
> and FreeBSD doesn't know almost of them.

Almost all systems use one of the IDs we do support as a _CID if not a _HID.
In fact, in this case it likely seems to be a BIOS bug as it used the same
value for the _CID and _HID.  I suspect it is supposed to be using 0303 as its
_CID.

> http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/7/7/577a5684-8a83-43ae-9272-ff260a9c20e2/pnp_legacy.doc

Note that 030B is listed as reserved in this table, and not a valid keyboard
device.

--
John Baldwin