Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:38:27 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>
To:        cody chandler <cody.a.chandler@gmail.com>, Erwin Lansing <erwin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_add -r xorg fails

On 20 July 2012 17:23, cody chandler <cody.a.chandler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have tried several times and reinstalled this system 5 times now.
> pkg_add -r tmux works, pkg_add -r xdm works, pkg_add -r xorg fails.  I'm
> logged in as root and the first package I ty is the xorg.  The system in a
> i386, FBSD 9.0 -release.  When I look at
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9.0-release/Latest/ I
> do not see a xorg.tbz and am under the impression there is no package for
> xorg now?  I followed the 6.3 of
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html.

That means that a dependency of the port failed to build at the time
of the release (which strikes me as odd-- I've copied erwin The i386
Package Guy to see if he knows)

I'd try setting PACKAGESITE to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/Latest/,
that should help.

If you're running csh:

# setenv PACKAGESITE
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/Latest/
# pkg_add -r xorg

Chris