Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:42:14 +0100
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rock64 status

 Hi arm@

 I've just pushed the start of the Rock64 bits in the tree. Here is the
current status :

 - Full boot to multiuser
 - Some clocks are supported
 - SD is supported (perf is around ~5MB/s for read and write)
 - eMMC isn't supported, we need regulators first
 - OTG seems to be probed but I haven't tested
 - OHCI work but we don't support the usb phy so it only works because
the bootloader setup that for us

 Bootloader status :

I don't plan to provide a port for this board, this board have an SPI
flash which can hold u-boot for us. Hopefully this spi will be written
in factory at some point, for now it isn't.
>From https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases download the
image "u-boot-flash-spi-rock64.img.xz", dd that on an sdcard and boot
your Rock64, this will flash u-boot on the spi and you won't need
u-boot on the sdcard after that.
This u-boot is based on 2017.09 which have some problems with EFI block
devices, this means that using boot1.efi or loader.efi from the sdcard
will fail. However netbooting works like a charm and for now this is
perfect for me as I don't want to swap sdcard when doing kernel dev.
I hope that the u-boot status will change soon.

 Current work :

 - Working on phase clock for the SD/MMC, this will probably give
better performance.

 Futur work (mostly in order):

 - I2C driver
 - PMIC driver
 - Do a proper usbphy driver
 - Split generic-ehci in two parts : ACPI and FDT
 - ???
 - Profit

 If you have any question or wanna help don't hesitate to answer this
email.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@freebsd.org>