Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:35:17 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amr still seems to have issues.

* Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> [000421 10:57] wrote:
> * Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG> [000421 10:07] wrote:

> > Hmm.  Looks like I'm not retiring the wedged command correctly.  This is
> > a symptom, rather than the real problem, though.  See if disabling the
> > command timeout stuff makes the system happy - either these commands are
> > just taking a _long_ time to complete, or you have another problem.
>
> Yes, I've been thinking I may need some firmware upgrade from AMI?
>
> I'll look into it.

Ok, the latest firmware is the uf80-1.61, which is on the card.

> > I _still_ think you have disk, cable or enclosure issues, but now that
> > you've precipitated this case I can go look at what I'm doing wrong here.
> > Thanks!

I'm looking into the enclosure issues. I appreciate the continued
help from you.

I was wondering if anyone else on the lists have had the same problems
as I have been having with the Enterprise 1200 (3 scsi port) version.

I'm really not using all that much disk throughput.

I'll have that iostat log the next time it keels over.