Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:35:23 -0700
From:      dan@wolf.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help understanding output from systat

Greetings, all.  I'm hoping someone can help me
make sense of the output from "systat -v" on my
machine.  I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.8 on a Celeron
333A (with L2 cache), 256 MB RAM, 8 GB IDE drive
(soon to be replaced with Ultra-SCSI), and a 4
GB Ultra-SCSI drive on an Adaptec 2940UW.

I started examing systat to try and dtermine why
my overall throughput is so low - I'm currently
maxing out at around 2 Mbits on a 10 Mbit circuit.
Running "systat -v" shows my CPU usage to be sitting
right around 13% Sys, 32% Intr, 9% User.  That Intr
percentage seems might god-awful high.  Am I correct
in assuming that something is badly amiss here?

--
Dan Mahoney
dan@wolf.com