Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2019 22:50:23 +1100
From:      Morgan Reed <morgan.s.reed@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x86intrin.h not found after 10.4->11.2 upgrade

Just did a find across /usr for the file and it's definitely there so I'm
not sure why the compiler can't find it :/

# find /usr -name x86intrin.h
/usr/include/x86intrin.h
/usr/src/contrib/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Headers/x86intrin.h
/usr/local/lib/gcc7/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd11.2/7.4.0/include/x86intrin.h
/usr/local/llvm60/lib/clang/6.0.1/include/x86intrin.h
/usr/lib/clang/6.0.0/include/x86intrin.h

This system's been around the block (started out as 9.3 I think, had a few
upgrades over the years) which would explain the gcc7 stuff.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:52 PM Morgan Reed <morgan.s.reed@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>       Finally got around to upgrading my NAS which was running FreeBSD
> 10.4 to a supported version (11.2).
>
> Ran into an issue when I came to do a portupgrade -a to update all my
> installed ports, a number of the ports are failing with "x86intrin.h No
> such file or directory", not sure what's going on there.
>
> I've updated my src tree just in case it was something that only got added
> in 11, no change.
>
> All the similar reports I found online were related to OLD versions of gcc
> (e.g. 4.3), which is not relevant since we're using clang (I assume
> anyway), but I reinstalled llvm60 from package just in case, no change
> again.
>
> An pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
>
> Morgan

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759