Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:43:47 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        <djb@Wit389306.student.utwente.nl>, "Steve Price" <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: troubles with X

Here is the answer I was given by somebody on this list last week.

#/etc/pam.conf
# tricky tricky forgive me
xserver auth    sufficient      pam_permit.so                   no_use
# If we don't match anything else, default to using getpwnam().
other   auth    required        pam_unix.so
try_first_pass
other   account required        pam_unix.so
try_first_pass

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com