Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Krebs <schrade@schrade.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quake 3 Arena, linux version WORKS!

Running FreeBSD 4.0-current on my box.  Have a Canopus SPECTRA 2500 (Riva
TNT) card for my main card and a Canopus Pure3D II LX (Voodoo 2) for my
secondary card.  Installed the glide drivers for the Voodoo II, made sure
they worked with the test program.. then downloaded the Linux Quake 3
Arena test from http://www.quake3arena.com/.  Ran it.  BOOM!  it works
perfectly!  I had to turn off DGA mouse mode though.. the manual tells you
how to do this.

I tell you what.. whoever is in charge of the linux emulation sure did a
great job :)  (Amancio has made some great contributions also!)

Just wanted to let people know it DOES work and to try it if they have a
3dfx card...

IRC: Schrade	E-Mail: schrade@schrade.com	<URL:http://www.schrade.com/>;