Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:15:11 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partition naming [Was: Adding Hard Drives - Prepping]

> As mika ruohotie wrote:
> > the default hands me only partitions a e f g h, can i get more of those?
> Partition `d' is also available.  By now, there's only space for 8
> partitions, and extending this will probably cause even more brokeness
> than the recent utmp.h changes. :(

ugh, ok...

i've never dared to use the d, coz i remember having some probs with that
ages ago... like with version 1.0 i think... =)

anyway, so i was doing the Right Thing(tm) when i started to slice it
for more partitions around...

> > assigned partition from the sd0s1 is e, then f g h and a is the last, is
> > there some reason for this? first time i happened i was confused...
> See the (updated) section 2.15 in the FAQ, it also explains the
> historic naming conventions (in the last paragraph).

aaah, thanx... i knew that... (ofcourse i've read the faq someday) :p

> cheers, J"org

mickey