Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:55:18 +0100
From:      Eirik Oeverby <ltning-freebsd-stable@anduin.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jail management

Hi,

Has there been any movement the last few months on the jail front? Thing
is, I've been working on a script lately (jailctl) that I though perhaps
would be interesting to include in the 4.x-series releases, to make the
jail functionality a bit more accessible.

The script is currently capable of
  - starting/stopping jails
  - creating jails (with installworld and subsequent cleaning up)
  - upgrading jails (installworld + mergemaster)
  - deleting jails
  - displaying jail status info

I've seen a few jail-related tools in ports aswell, but none that
integrates all these functions. My script (or an early version of it,
that is) can be found at
http://anduin.net/?page=anduin&subpage=me&topic=jailctl

So I guess the bottom line is .. I'd like to share this with people, but
I'm not quite sure how to go about doing so. I'm not even sure I'm doing
the 'right thing' when posting this here; I apologise if I'm somehow in
breach with protocol by doing so.

/Eirik