Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 1995 12:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        nate@sneezy.sri.com
Cc:        ache@astral.msk.su, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SUP errors

> Andrey A. Chernov writes:
> > SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file /etc/supfile at Apr  8 18:02:55
> > SUP Upgrade of base at Sat Apr  8 18:03:02 1995
> ..
> > SUP Created directory TODO-2.1 for TODO-2.1/CVS/Entries
> > SUP Created directory TODO-2.1/CVS for TODO-2.1/CVS/Entries
> > SUP Receiving file TODO-2.1/CVS/Entries
> > SUP Receiving file TODO-2.1/CVS/Repository
>
> Fixed by the addition of 'omitany */CVS*'

Humm... wonder if we made a mistake on that regex, should it not
be omitany */CVS/*???  I'll do some local testing and see if that
gets the same effect.  I done like the idea that CVS* could match
CVSfiles or CVSfoobar, though the likely hood of names like that
ever coming up is near zero.

And grepping the sup config files on freefall makes me wonder about
the wasted CPU time for some of the others, that should never get
hit anyway:

omitany *~
omitany *.o
omitany */tags

Nobody is suppose to muck around in the /usr/src or /usr/ports area,
so files by these names should never ever be created.