Date:      Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:07:23 -0200
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Switching wired <-> wireless in a user-friendly manner, possible?

> Seems like using LINK_DOWN in a notify with devd would be far faster and
> have much less overhead than cron. (Yes, it looks like LINK_DOWN is
> valid.)

probably for you, but for me it is convenient with a script because dependi=
ng=20
on my location I connect to different ssids, so my script asked me which of=
=20
the available ssid I want to connect to, still more since some are dhcp and=
=20
others not and some use the ndis module and others a pccard and load the=20
module if necessary. My NB hangs when I put a pccard in while the ndis modu=
le=20
is loaded.=20

Another problem seems to be that the NIC going inactive and getting a new d=
hcp=20
ip do not overwrite the defaultroute even if dhcpd delivers it. So I need t=
o=20
delete and write a new one.

may be I could do this all with devd but I am more familare with sh

Jo=E3o